When you can't sleep at 1am what do you do?
well since I'm wide awake why not bake...
Green tea matcha cookies of course....
(plus I'm very eager to use my Miffy cookie mould)
So here's how it turned out....
|All ready to go in the oven 150'C for 15mins|
|Voila' cooled and ready to eat.|
I've never been a huge fan of green tea flavor but recent years it has become more and more popular.
But I gotta say green tea is a taste you need to get use to and when it does, you'll love it.
Green Tea Matcha Cookie Recipe
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 125g Room Temperature unsalted Butter
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup caster sugar or (can use Stevia for a healthier option)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 beaten egg (room temperature)
- 1 & 1/2 table spoon of green tea matcha powder (I used one from Japan, i find it is a better taste and quality)
- Preheat oven to 150'C (mine is fan forced oven)
- Line baking trays with baking paper
- Using an electric mixer beat the butter and the sugar until light yellow creamy colour
- while it is still beating add vanilla extract and beaten egg until well combined.
- turn mixer off.
- mix green tea matcha powder with flour and sift into butter mixture
- use a spatula to mix in well using a fold and cut motion until crumbly
- then add milk and mix more until well combined
- at this stage using clean hands, mould mixture into a dough
- roll out a portion of the dough at a time to the thickness you want your cookie to be (mine was about 2mm thick)
- and use desired cookie cutter
- remember to keep the other portion of the dough wrapped in cling wrap to prevent it from drying out.
- bake for about 15 mins more or less depending on the thickness, you can tell, slightly lift the cookie , if the bottom is turning a little bit brown, it is ready to be taken out and placed on a cooling rack.
Once cooled it is ready to eat.