Tuesday 6 March 2012

Mini Sausage Rolls


Well not too long ago I went to one of my close friends baby shower and she has this friend that always makes sausage rolls and brings to little afternoon tea parties and they are so yum. I always keep forgetting to ask for her recipe.
So I went to my trusty www.taste.com.au to find a similar recipe and this is how it turned out.
Ingredients
3x sheets of Puff Pastry
1/4 cup milk(only for brushing)
tomato sauce

Filling:
400g sausage mince, 400g mince of your choice(beef, pork or chicken),
1 diced onion, 1 grated carrot, 1tbsp of tomato sauce, 
salt and pepper(optional),1tbsp BBQ sauce (optional)

preheat oven to 220C
mix filling ingredients together thoroughly
cut puff pastry sheet in half 
 roll mixture on pastry as shown then fold the top and bottom together 
then turn over with the join side facing on down
cut to desired length and place on baking sheet 
brush on milk before placing into oven
cook for approx. 30 mins
cool for a bit and eat with tomato sauce.. nom nom nom


I made them bite size - don't they look cute?


Final product  Ta Da!
I made mine without salt and pepper and no BBQ sauce.
ps. I only took a photo of the not so burnt ones. kekek =)

Let me know how you guys go with this recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment